Monday, February 13, 2012

Back from Chicago!

As some of you may know from past blog posts (or from knowing me personally), my boyfriend is now officially a Sailor in the US Navy. To state the obvious, I am very proud of him. Not only has he completed the first phase and earned his title, but he was chosen by his peers as Honor Recruit of his Division. When I heard this I was pleased, but in no way surprised. Over this past weekend, his family and I got to spend a day with him after the graduation ceremony. Although I do wish we had more time, I'm grateful nonetheless for the time we did get, and I consider the 12 hour drive to and from Great Lakes, Illinois, so, so worth it. Besides, now I can actually call him again, which is a refreshing change from the past 2 months. I'll try to keep my military alphabet going, though!

With Russell after receiving his Honor Recruit certificate

No comments:

Post a Comment